- Desert safaris
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- With an included twoday pass to majestic Petra, you will not only have a guided tour of the complex but will also spend time at your leisure to focus on the sections that interest you.
- Experience the best buoyance this side of outer space with time for your small group to effortlessly float in the supersalty waters of the Dead Sea.
- Hop in a jeep and see the extraordinary desert scenery of Wadi Rum – a rugged lunarlike landscape of huge sandstone mountains and ancient structures hidden in the sandy dunes.
- After your day of fourwheeldriving in Wadi Rum, spend a night under the stars with a special experience at a desert camp run by Bedouin locals – full of good food and warm hospitality.
A fascinating mix of natural oddities and ancient wonder, Jordan has so much to offer for the curious traveller. Live it up in cosmopolitan Amman, explore the mystic desert landscapes in Wadi Rum, visit the towering ruins of Petra and trek to its remote hilltop village, and discover the vibrant mosaics of Madaba. Your eight-day small group adventure through Jordan’s hotspots is an exciting and enriching adventure through a majestic desert land – best enjoyed with the eyes of an expert local leader and full of authentic local experiences.
Kerak - Dead Sea - Mt Nebo - Madaba
Jerash - Madaba
- Hotel (5 nights), Desert camp (2 nights)
- 7 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Jeep
- An expert tour leader
- Wadi Rum - 4WD jeep safari
- Wadi Rum - Bedouin desert camp
- Wadi Rum - Guided hike
- Petra - Guided tour of Petra
- Petra - 2 day entrance pass
- Kerak - Castle visit
- Mt Nebo - Site visit
- Dead Sea - Swimming opportunity
- Jerash - Roman ruins
- Madaba - St Georges Church
- Any international flights to Amman and from Madaba are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Explore Jordan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 40+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Explore Jordan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Explore Jordan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Explore Jordan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- There is quite a bit of walking involved in visiting Jordan's historic sites, especially in Petra and Wadi Rum, so a reasonable level of fitness is required. Most of the time there is no shade so remember to bring a hat, sun protection, and sturdy, comfortable walking shoes.
- The diversity of the seasons here makes for incredible scenery, but the weather in this region can be unpredictable. It’s best to wear layers at all times of the year in case conditions change during the day. At night the temperature can really drop, so bring your warm clothes. Camping can be especially cold at the start and end of the season. Even in the warmer months, the temperature can be low in the mountains.
- The desert camp in Wadi Rum is basic. There are tents and shared western bathroom facilities. Please be aware that while the desert may be very hot during the day, it will still be cool at night and warm clothes and a sleeping bag is highly recommended when travelling outside of the summer months. Despite this, the warm Bedouin hospitality and chance to be out under the stars certainly makes up for the camp’s simplicity.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
The Intrepid Foundation