- Local culture
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Sample the four biospheres of southern Jordan
- Enter the lost city of Petra via the back route
- Explore the wild desert of Wadi Rum
- Relax by the Dead Sea
Hit the trail that traverses the mountainous plateaus around Dana village before descending to the Araba Valley. Cover several climatic zones during your journey and see various ecosystems hidden in deep canyons and a labyrinth of hills and valleys.
This trek will allow you to sample the entire geological spectrum of the region. Epic views appear along the way, from majestic rugged mountains to gentle hills to slightly rounded, mushroom-shaped rocks, and culminate in Petra, a city located amid rugged desert canyons and jagged mountains. For more information about this trek, please scroll down to the itinerary section below.
Day 1: Amman arrival
Day 2: Hike from Dana Village to Feynan/Wadi Ghuweir Area
Day 3: Hike from Wadi Ghuweir to Furon
Day 4: Hike from Furon to Ghbour Whedat
Day 5: Hike from Ghbour Whedat to Little Petra
Day 6: Hike from Little Petra to Petra
Day 7: Explore Petra & enjoy jeep safari in Wadi Rum
Day 8: Float in the Dead Sea
Day 9: Amman departure
- 9 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 dinners
- Entrance fees to all of the sites in the itinerary
- Transportation in a private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Free collective visa to Jordan (full passport details must be received 14 days before arrival) for non-restricted nationalities
- English-speaking, licensed guide on all days except for on arrival and departure (days 1 and 9)
- A local guide with a donkey (for emergency situations) on days 2 to 4
- Lunch box and water on hiking days
- Mattress and blankets provided for the nights in the wilderness (Note: due to hygiene reasons we don’t provide sleeping bags)
- Luggage transfer
- 2 nights' hotel accommodation in Amman
- 1 night at a Bedouin camp in Beihdah (Little Petra)
- 1 night's hotel accommodation in Wadi Musa (Petra)
- Hotel accommodations in twin or double rooms, depending on your preference
- Camping accommodation in single or 2-person tents depending on your preference (Same price)
- Private room single supplement
- Extra night
- Airport Pick-up
- Airport Drop off
- Tips for service providers (drivers, guides, camping/ hotel staff, etc.)
- Travel insurance
- International and domestic flight tickets
- Personal expenses like laundry, phone calls, etc
- Exit tax from Jordan (10 JD / USD 15 pp at land borders). Airport tax is usually included on air-tickets. Taxes subject to change with no notice.
- Hiking gear
- Earn US$ 47+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationJordan Visa requirements: Many nationalities can get a visa for Jordan at the airport or at the Sheikh Hussein crossing. However, the Allenby/King Hussein Bridge crossing and the Arava Boarder crossing do not issue visas. Visa requirements for Jordan are shown on the Jordan Tourism Board website. The entry visa to Jordan is 40 JD, and must be paid in Jordanian Dinar. There are currency exchanges and an ATM at the ports of entry. Please refer to your itinerary for questions about visas as this has already been planned for by your travel specialist. Packing for your hike: You only need to carry your daypack with you on the hikes. We will transport your overnight bags to each stop. We recommend you keep your daypack as light as possible, just to carry your water, camera and whatever else you want during the day. You will thank us later! For your overnight bag, we recommend large rucksacks, or soft duffle bags that can be locked. Blankets are provided, however, some people prefer to bring their own sleeping bag, or at least a sleeping bag liner. If bringing a sleeping bag, we recommend a 2/3 season sleeping bag. (If your trip takes place between November and March, you will need a warm sleeping bag and thermal underwear for the evenings.) Temperatures in Jordan can be hot and with little rain. In the months of November to March it can be very cool at night, particularly in the desert where night temperatures can drop to 5 degrees Celsius or less. Even in the hot months out in the desert it can sometimes get cold at night.