- Local culture
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 32
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Bethany Baptism Site
- AsSalt Harmony Trail
- Jerash Roman ruins
This 7-day shoestring tour is the perfect introduction to Jordan and includes the county's most notable and famous sights. Our tour will also venture to some less touristy places to give you a real taste of Jordan.
The tour kicks off in the capital city of Amman, beginning with the Baptism Site on the River Jordan and continues along the 'Harmony Trail' through the hillside town of As-Salt. When you are here you can learn about the different religions that are practiced by the residents. The tour will give you a thorough excursion of Amman and you will get to view the remarkable Roman ruins at Jerash. You will then be taken south into the desert and along the picturesque King's Highway, crossing over vast wadis and by quaint villages, olive groves and farmlands.
You will get the chance to see some well preserved mosaics in Madaba, take in the vista over Israel from Mount Nebo and venture into the Crusader Castle in Kerak. Petra is another highlight in Jordan and this UNESCO World Heritage Site is spectacular. You will have a day to meander around the site with a guided tour and some free time to walk up to the Monastery and the High Place of Sacrifice.
The tour will then go further into the desert of Wadi Rum and you can sleep in a Bedouin camp under the craggy cliffs and a starry sky. To enjoy more of the desert, the tour will travel via jeep safari and then head back to Amman, stopping off at the banks of the Dead Sea. You will be able to float on the surface of these famously salty waters.
This Jordan tour is based in comfortable 3-star hotels in Amman and Petra. However, you have the option to upgrade these to the local 4 or 5-star hotel levels if you want a little more comfort. The tour also integrates with our Egypt and Israel tours which start/finish on Sundays, and a flight or overland transfer is available at your request. Extra extensions are also available for more relaxation time or snorkeling and scuba diving at the Red Sea in Aqaba
Private tour option: If our scheduled departure dates don't work for you, or you would prefer not to travel with a group, then we can also run this tour privately for you. Please contact us for more information and prices.
Day 1 Welcome to Jordan! Hotel transfers included
Day 2 Exploring the Harmony Trail & the Baptism site at Bethany
Day 3 Travel to Petra
Day 4 Exploring Petra
Day 5 Wadi Rum Jeep safari & visiting the Dead Sea
Day 6 Amman & Jerash
Day 7 Free time in Amman, airport transfer included
- Accommodation in 3-star hotels (upgrades available)
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (all breakfasts, one lunch & one dinner)
- All transport and transfers in AC minibus/coach
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Professional local tour guide escorts groups of all sizes
- 1 night in a comfortable Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum
- 4x4 jeep safari in Wadi Rum
- Entrance to Dead Sea beach with towel & showers
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees (free visa included as part of your Jordan Pass)
- Entrance fees (included with your Jordan Pass, obtained in advance for JD70, approx. USD99)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available from Encounters Travel)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Hotel gala dinner supplements if applicable (24 & 31 Dec)
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 44 today.
- Earn US$ 29+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Jordan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 January 2022, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Jordan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Jordan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be recommended to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.