- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- Active and outdoor
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Art and architecture
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Jordan's desert castles
- Jerash Roman ruins
- Ajloun & Shobak castles
- Dead Sea swim
Recently redesigned, this two week Jordan and Egypt tour takes you to some of the most popular attractions in both of these beautiful countries, with activities and experience geared to giving you an authentic Middle Eastern experience.
The Jordan leg of the tour takes you to the capital city of Amman, where we explore its 'desert castles', before we explore downtown Amman on foot, tasting all of its unique foods and exploring its bustling markets. We'll the make our way to the ancient city of Jerash, visit the towering Aljoun Castle and its surrounding forest and hills, searching for the towering Bronze Age Dolmens.We'll spend the night in a friendly local village homestay follows before we descend to the Dead Sea for a swim and float in its incredibly salty waters.
We'll explore the hills around the restored Dana village amidst the Dana Biosphere Reserve en-route to Jordan's biggest highlight, the hidden city of Petra. After spending some time in the rose-red city, we'll head into the Wadi Rum Desert, where we'll camp underneath the stars with the local Bedouins, learning about their nomadic desert lifestyle.
The Egypt leg of the tour starts in Cairo, as we explore its Great Pyramids, Sphinx and Egyptian Museum, before we take a boat trip on the Nile River towards the island Philae Temple. We'll spend a night on the Nile River in a traditional felucca sailboat sleeping on the deck of the boat, with a hotel upgrade available for those who want some more comfort.
Next we explore Luxor, home to one of the largest concentrations of ancient monuments on the planet. We'll see the huge columned temples and halls at Karnak, delve into the Pharaonic tombs in the Valley of the Kings, see the imposing temple of Queen Hatchepsut and walk around Luxor temple as it is beautifully lit up at night.
Our last stop is at the Red Sea for some well-earned relaxation time in a 5-star resort on the coast. Options for snorkelling, scuba-diving and other water sports are available before we fly back to Cairo. Here you have a little free time to explore independently or take an extra optional guided tour, before we take a guided walk through the back streets of the Khan-el-Khalili bazaar and Islamic Cairo.
Day 1 - Welcome to Amman, airport to hotel transfer included
Day 2 - Explore ancient Jerash & hike to Bronze Age dolmens
Day 3 - From Ajloun to Madaba, Mount Nebo & the Dead Sea
Day 4 - Dana Biosphere Reserve & Shobak Castle en-route to Petra
Day 5 - A full day in Petra & overnight Wadi Rum Bedouin Camp
Day 6 - A jeep safari and Bedouin experience in Wadi Rum, travel to Amman
Day 7 - Visiting Jordan's Desert Castles & touring Amman
Day 8 - Fly to Cairo, free time
Day 9 - Cairo, Pyramids, Sphinx & Museum tour
Day 10 - Aswan, Nubian Village and Philae Temple
Day 11 - Abu Simbel option. Nile Felucca Cruise
Day 12 - Edfu temple, Luxor temple at night
Day 13 - Luxor, West bank tour, Karnak temple
Day 14 - Luxor to the Red Sea at Hurghada
Day 15 - Red Sea at Hurghada, free day
Day 16 - Drive to Cairo, Old Cairo & Khan-el-Khalili bazzar tour
Day 17 - Cairo, free time, departure airport transfer
- 5 nights in 3 to 4-star hotels in Jordan
- 6 nights in 5-star hotels in Egypt
- 1 night on sleeper train in private twin-berth cabins (flight/hotel upgrade available)
- 1 night on Nile felucca sailboat with accompanying support boat (hotel upgrade available)
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- All transport and transfers in private AC vehicles (plus Bedouin jeeps in Wadi Rum)
- Services of an English speaking tour leader and local guides in Jordan
- Services of a local Egyptologist guide in Egypt
- Jordan village homestay in Rasoun, and Bedouin desert camp in Wadi Rum
- Sightseeing tours as detailed in the itinerary
- International flights (available on request)
- Amman to Cairo flight (available on request or bookable with your international flight ticket)
- Jordan Visa fees (included in the Jordan Pass, see tour notes)
- Egypt Visa fees (available on arrival for US$25 for most nationalities)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees in Jordan (included in the Jordan Pass, see tour notes, budget approx. US$99)
- Entrance fees in Egypt (allow approx. US$105)
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tipping kitty in Egypt (allow US$45) plus tour guide tips
- Tips in Jordan
- Hotel gala dinners on 24 and/or 31 Dec (budget up to $180 p/p, see Tour notes)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 101+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ancient Encounters tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 November 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ancient Encounters tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ancient Encounters tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.