- duration 17 days
- tour type Group Tour
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Jordan's desert castles
- Jerash Roman ruins
- Ajloun & Shobak castles
- Dead Sea swim
Recently redesigned, this two week Jordan and Egypt tour takes you to some of the most popular attractions in both of these beautiful countries, with activities and experience geared to giving you an authentic Middle Eastern experience.
The Jordan leg of the tour takes you to the capital city of Amman, where we explore its 'desert castles', before we explore downtown Amman on foot, tasting all of its unique foods and exploring its bustling markets. We'll the make our way to the ancient city of Jerash, visit the towering Aljoun Castle and its surrounding forest and hills, searching for the towering Bronze Age Dolmens.We'll spend the night in a friendly local village homestay follows before we descend to the Dead Sea for a swim and float in its incredibly salty waters.
We'll explore the hills around the restored Dana village amidst the Dana Biosphere Reserve en-route to Jordan's biggest highlight, the hidden city of Petra. After spending some time in the rose-red city, we'll head into the Wadi Rum Desert, where we'll camp underneath the stars with the local Bedouins, learning about their nomadic desert lifestyle.
The Egypt leg of the tour starts in Cairo, as we explore its Great Pyramids, Sphinx and Egyptian Museum, before we take a boat trip on the Nile River towards the island Philae Temple. We'll spend a night on the Nile River in a traditional felucca sailboat sleeping on the deck of the boat, with a hotel upgrade available for those who want some more comfort.
Our final guided sightseeing tour starts in Luxor, home to one of the largest concentrations of ancient monuments on the planet. We'll see the huge columned temples and halls at Karnak, delve into the Pharaonic tombs in the Valley of the Kings, see the imposing temple of Queen Hatchepsut and walk around Luxor temple as it is beautifully lit up at night.
Our last stop is at the Red Sea for some well-earned relaxation time in a 5-star resort on the coast. Options for snorkelling, scuba-diving and other water sports are available before we fly back to Cairo. Here you have a little free time to explore independently or take an extra optional guided tour, before we take a guided walk through the back streets of the Khan-el-Khalili bazaar and finish the tour with time at Wikalat al Guri for the evening display of Sufi music and dance.
Day 1 : 2019 - Welcome to Amman, airport to hotel transfer included
Day 2 : 2019 - Visiting Jordan's Desert Castles & touring Amman
Day 3 : 2019 - Explore ancient Jerash & hike to Bronze Age dolmens
Day 4 : 2019 - From Ajloun to Madaba, Mount Nebo & the Dead Sea
Day 5 : 2019 - Dana Biosphere Reserve & Shobak Castle en-route to Petra
Day 6 : 2019 - A full day in Petra & overnight Wadi Rum Bedouin Camp
Day 7 : 2019 - A jeep safari and Bedouin experience in Wadi Rum, travel to Amman
Day 8 : 2019 - Fly to Cairo, free time
Day 9 : 2019 - Visiting the Great Pyramids and Sphinx of Giza
Day 10 : 2019 - Aswan, Nubian Village and the Philae Temple
Day 11 : 2019 - Abu Simbel option, then Nile felucca cruise
Day 12 : 2019 - Edfu temple, Luxor temple at night
Day 13 : 2019 - Luxor, West bank tour, Karnak temple, to Hurghada
Day 14 : 2019 - Free time at the Red Sea
Day 15 : 2019 - Fly to Cairo and Khan-el-Khalili bazzar
Day 16 : 2019 - Free time in Cairo, hotel to airport transfers included
Day 1 : 2020 - Welcome to Amman, airport to hotel transfer included
Day 2 : 2020 - Visiting Jordan's Desert Castles & touring Amman
Day 3 : 2020 - Explore ancient Jerash & hike to Bronze Age dolmens
Day 4 : 2020 - From Ajloun to Madaba, Mount Nebo & the Dead Sea
Day 5 : 2020 - Dana Biosphere Reserve & Shobak Castle en-route to Petra
Day 6 : 2020 - A full day in Petra & overnight Wadi Rum Bedouin Camp
Day 7 : 2020 - A jeep safari and Bedouin experience in Wadi Rum, travel to Amman
Day 8 : 2020 - Fly to Cairo, free time
Day 9 : 2020 - Cairo, Pyramids, Sphinx & Museum tour
Day 10 : 2020 - Aswan, Nubian Village and Philae Temple
Day 11 : 2020 - Abu Simbel option. Nile Felucca Cruise
Day 12 : 2020 - Edfu temple, Luxor temple at night
Day 13 : 2020 - Luxor, West bank tour, Karnak temple
Day 14 : 2020 - Luxor to the Red Sea at Hurghada
Day 15 : 2020 - Red Sea at Hurghada, free day
Day 16 : 2020 - Drive to Cairo, Old Cairo & Khan-el-Khalili bazzar tour
Day 17 : 2020 - Cairo, free time, departure airport transfer
- 5 nights in 3 and 4-star hotels in Jordan
- 6 nights in 5-star hotels in Egypt
- Overnight Nile felucca sailboat trip (hotel upgrade available)
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Overnight sleeper train from Cairo to Aswan in private twin-berth cabins (flight upgrade available)
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- All transport and transfers in private AC vehicles (plus Bedouin jeeps in Wadi Rum)
- Internal flight from Hurghada to Cairo
- Services of an English speaking tour leader and local guides in Jordan
- Services of a local Egyptologist guide in Egypt
- Jordan village homestay in Rasoun, and Bedouin desert camp in Wadi Rum
- Sightseeing tours as detailed in the itinerary
- International flights (available on request)
- Amman to Cairo flight (available on request or bookable with your international flight ticket)
- Jordan Visa fees (included in the Jordan Pass, see tour notes)
- Egypt Visa fees (available on arrival for US$25 for most nationalities)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees in Jordan (included in the Jordan Pass, see tour notes, budget approx. US$99)
- Entrance fees in Egypt (allow approx. US$85)
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tipping kitty in Egypt (allow US$45) plus tour guide tips
- Tips in Jordan
- Hotel gala dinners (see Tour notes)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Bookmundi is partner with Encounters Travel. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 133 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 88 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 55 days before departure. For any departures within 17 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Ancient Encounters tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ancient Encounters tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.