- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Local specialties Visits to baker and butcher, producers of cheese, olive oil and wine
- Tastings Sample delicious local cheeses, wines and regional dishes
- Cooking Try your hand at making the local orecchiette 'little ear' pasta
- Unique towns Discover the treasures of Matera's Sassi and Alberobello's trulli
Puglia is a destination that should be on the radar for all Italy lovers and this holiday combines a discovery of its superb cuisine and wines with easy rambles among gently rolling landscapes. Explore the ancient Sassi quarter and gorge of Matera, visit the conical trulli houses of the Itria Valley and see how local cheeses, bread, olive oil and wines are produced. Local specialties - Visits to baker and butcher, producers of cheese, olive oil and wine Tastings - Sample delicious local cheeses, wines and regional dishes Cooking - Try your hand at making the local orecchiette - 'little ear' pasta
Day 1 : Join trip in Altamura, tasting dinner
Day 2 : Bakery visit; option to visit Gravina's hidden underground city
Day 3 : Pasta making lesson; walk from the Pulo di Altamura giant sinkhole
Day 4 : Walk from Castel del Monte; lunch on organic farm
Day 5 : Explore Matera's troglodyte quarter; walk in the gorge
Day 6 : Visit cheese maker; walking tour in Cisternino, olive oil mill visit
Day 7 : Explore Monopoli; visit the trulli houses of Alberbello, optional wine tasting
Day 8 : Trip ends this morning in Monopoli
- 7 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Hotel Fuori Le Mura (3 nights)
- Hotel Sassi (2 nights)
- Hotel Monopoli Albergo Diffuso (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Any international flights to Altamura and from Monopoli are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this A Taste of Italy - Walking in Puglia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 87 today.
- Earn US$ 58+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this A Taste of Italy - Walking in Puglia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
A Taste of Italy - Walking in Puglia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this A Taste of Italy - Walking in Puglia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.