- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Freewheel 1300m descents after being dropped by a helicopter
- Journey across the vast steppe grasslands of Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan
- Meet the nomadic Kazakhs
- Ride through spectacular high mountain landscapes
A true adventure for those that want a unique biking experience with helicopter drops in spectacular high mountain scenery. Cycling with horses across the grasslands of Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, 1300m descents after being dropped off by a helicopter, rocky roads running alongside roaring rivers; this is mountain biking at its best! From Almaty we take you into the heart of the Tian Shan mountains. Snow capped mountains provide a stunning backdrop for our mountain biking adventure through valleys with lush pastures, and up to passes and plateaus that are teeming with grasslands and wildflowers. The only traffic will be the occasional horseman and we'll meet nomadic Kazakhs that have moved their flocks of sheep to high pastures. From the cosmopolitan city of Almaty, we walk around this leafy city before heading to the mountains and rivers. We start biking again from the Turgen River Gorge, and the landscape quickly changes from pine trees to open rolling grasslands. Everyday we'll ascend up dirt roads to the top of passes, have adrenalin-inducing downhills and camp next to rushing rivers as we weave our way to the Karkara Valley. The highlight of our tour is two days heli-biking. We are flown to the lofty height of 3500m for an exhilarating descent on single track and jeep dirt roads back to our camp. The adventure continues as we climb to the top of the Mingtur Pass (3900m) and the Chon Ashy Pass (3820m) and descend into Kyrgyzstan.
Day 1 : Join in Almaty, Kazakhstan
Day 2 : Turgen and Assy Rivers
Day 3 : Ashyk Dala Plateau to Sary Baluk River
Day 4 : Kungey Alatau Mountains to Chilik River
Day 5 : Kegen River Ride
Day 6 : Karkara Base Camp
Day 7 : Heli-Biking Karkara
Day 8 : Turuk River Ride
Day 9 : Aktog Pass
Day 10 : Chon Ashu Pass
Day 11 : Karakol Town
Day 12 : Return to Almaty
Day 13 : In Almaty, trip concludes
- 2 nights comfortable hotel accommodation on a twin share basis in Almaty
- 12 breakfasts, 11 lunches and 12 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 13 only)
- Private vehicles
- Support vehicle (except on heli-biking days)
- Expert bilingual guide
- 10 nights fully supported camping in tents on a twinshare basis
- Heli-biking (weather dependent)
- Basic spares and tools
- Option to rent bikes if not bringing your own (limited availability)
- Snacks and water while cycling
- Assistance in arranging visas
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Medical kit
- International airfares
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Meals and beverages not indicated in the program
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, alcohol etc.
- Tips and gratuities
- Cycling helmets (please bring your own)
- Sleeping bags
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 180 today.
- Earn US$ 120+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kazakhstan & Kyrgyzstan by Bike tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 April 2021, a deposit of 342 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kazakhstan & Kyrgyzstan by Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kazakhstan & Kyrgyzstan by Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.