- Overland Journeys
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends Almaty, Kazakhstan/ Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Discover the highlights of the five “Stans” of Central Asia all in three weeks. This journey will take you through mountain passes set against breathtaking views, ancient bazaars and wonderous cities, all following the tracks of the explorers of old.
Day 1: Almaty
Day 2: Almaty
Day 3: To Bishkek
Day 4: Bishkek to Chon Kemin
Day 5: To Lake Issyk Kul
Days 6: Return to Bishkek
Day 7: Bishkek and fly to Tashkent
Day 8: To Khujand
Days 9: Dushanbe via Istaravshan
Day 10: Dushanbe
Day 11: Iskanderkul Lake and Penjikent
Days 12: To Samarkand
Day 13: Samarkand
Day 14: To Bukhara
Day 15: Bukhara
Day 16: Mary - Welcome to Turkmenistan
Day 17: Fly to Ashgabat
Day 18: To Darvaza Crater
Day 19: To Khiva via Shavat Border
Day 20: Khiva
Day 21: Fly to Tashkent
- 19 hotel / guesthouse (twin share) 1 tent Optional single supplement available for hotel stays on this journey – prices available on request.
- 20 breakfasts 2 lunches 2 dinners
- All transfers once on tour (excludes airport).
- An experienced Tour Leader accompanies the whole journey to keep your adventure on track. Local Guides are native to each destination and as certified professionals will share their immense knowledge with you. 24/7 support is available in the office and on the ground.
- And enjoy plenty of free time to explore independently.
- Any international flights to Almaty and from Tashkent are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of the Silk Road tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 208+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of the Silk Road tour. You can cancel the tour up to 78 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 77 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 January 2022, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 77 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of the Silk Road tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of the Silk Road tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.