- City sightseeing
- National parks
- Train tour
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Almaty Discover this leafy city nestled in the foothills of the Alatau Mountain range
- Altyn Emel National Park Explore wide open landscapes and colourful mountains
- Turkestan Uncover UNESCO World Heritage monuments in this ancient Silk Road city
- Baikonur Visit the Baikonur Cosmodrome, explore a decommissioned spacecraft and sit in a cosmonaut's seat.
On this adventure through the wealthiest of the 'Stans, we travel vast swathes of the Kazak steppe, from the foothills of the Tien Shen Mountains in the south, through Silk Road cities and past Russian cosmodromes to Astana in the dusty north. Aralsk- Uncover eerie ships rusting in the desert where the Aral Sea once was. Baikonur - Visit the Baikonur Cosmodrome, explore a decommissioned spacecraft and sit in a cosmonaut's seat. Nur-Sultan - Explore Kazakhstan's uber-modern capital with its glittering skyscrapers and bizarre architecture.
Day 1 : Join trip in Almaty
Day 2 : Full day exploring the old capital of Almaty
Day 3 : Morning drive to Altyn Emel National Park, afternoon visit to 'Singing Dune'
Day 4 : Full day exploring the hills and gorges of Altyn Emel National Park
Day 5 : Morning visit to Charyn Canyon, walk along the rim before returning to Almaty and overnight train to Turkestan
Day 6 : Explore the old Silk Road trading post of Turkestan
Day 7 : Catch the day train to Aral Sea, travelling across the vast Kazakh Steppe
Day 8 : Explore the stricken village of Aralsk, a once-busy trading port on the Aral Sea
Day 9 : Travel by train to Baikonur, afternoon exploring Baikonur museum and International Space School
Day 10 : Explore Baikonur Cosmodrome, and sit in a cosmonaut's seat
Day 11 : Drive to Kyzlorda and fly to Kazakhstan's gleaming capital
Day 12 : Full day to explore the modern city of Nur-Sultan (Astana)
Day 13 : Morning visit to Alzhir gulag. Free afternoon in Nur-Sultan
Day 14 : Trip ends in Nur-Sultan
- 13 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Kazzhol Hotel (2 nights)
- Altyn Emel Guest House (2 nights)
- Overnight Train from Almaty to Turkestan (1 night)
- Khanaka Hotel (1 night)
- Nur Guest House (2 nights)
- Central hotel (2 nights)
- Best Western Plus Astana (3 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Almaty and from Astana are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Across the Kazakh Steppe tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 246 today.
- Earn US$ 164+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Across the Kazakh Steppe tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Across the Kazakh Steppe tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Across the Kazakh Steppe tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.