- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 4
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Camp under the stars in swags
- Hike among gorges and waterholes at Watarrka (Kings Canyon)
- Walk around the base of Uluru (Ayers Rock)
- Explore the underground town of Coober Pedy – Opal Capital of the World
Upon leaving Alice Springs we hit the desert road headed for Uluru (Ayers Rock). Nothing will prepare you for the sight of Uluru! Learn about the indigenous culture around Uluru and how important it is today, all while admiring the unbelievable size and bright red colour. Settle in for some of the best sunsets you will ever see.
After sleeping comfortably under the stars in a swag around the campfire, we wake up early and hike the Valley of the Winds hike at Kata Tjuta.
Day three, we hit the desert highway again bound for another camping night in Kings Canyon. Be blown away by the Kings Canyon Rim Hike in Watarrka National Park, some of the most spectacular rock formations you will see.
As we make our way down the Stuart highway we stay one night in the famous ‘underground’ town, Coober Pedy. Here, you will feed orphaned Kangaroo’s, dig for opals at the Opal Mine Museum and sleep underground like the locals.
We spend our last night in the southern Flinders Ranges and visit the stunning Alligator Gorge in Mount Remarkable National Park.
Day 1: Alice Springs to Uluru/ Kata Tjuta
Day 2: Uluru and Kata Tjuta to Kings Creek Station
Day 3: Kings Canyon
Day 4: Coober Pedy
Day 5: Southern Flinders Ranges
Day 6: Southern Flinders Ranges to Adelaide
- All meals
- National Park Entry Fees
- Hostel/Hotel pick up
- 3 nights camping and 2 nights dorm share accommodation
- Sleeping Bag Hire
- Optional Activities
- Earn US$ 22+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationWe offer hotel and hostel pick up and drop off.