- Walking tour
- Local culture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 24
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Witnessing Uluru at sunset is truly an unforgettable moment. Have your camera ready to capture the changing colours of this sacred rock formation.
- You’ll hear Dreamtime stories and learn about ancient rock paintings from local guides, gaining insight into the importance of the land in First Nations histories and ways of being.
- Spend two days exploring the sites of the MacDonnell Ranges, both East and West. Walk through Ormiston Gorge, Ellery Creek, Simpsons Gap and Rainbow Valley.
- After days admiring the formations of Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon, spend evenings camping under the stars, getting a feel for the real outback of Australia.
This five-day small group Australian adventure is your chance to discover the outback and learn about the significance of these lands. From Alice Springs, join a knowledgeable local leader and a small group of eager travellers, travelling on roads to endless horizons, discovering rugged landscapes and hiking through gorges and ranges before camping under the stars. See Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Kings Canyon and the West MacDonnell Ranges, and have the opportunity to visit lesser-visited sites with an itinerary that’s flexible to your small group’s desires. Gain an insight into First Nations histories and cultures as you travel to Australia’s heart – the Red Centre.
Alice Springs – Uluru
Uluru – Watarrka National Park
West MacDonnell Ranges
East MacDonnell Ranges – Alice Springs
- Permanent tented camp (with shared facilities) (2 nights) Bush camp (2 nights)
- 4 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Uluru & Kata Tjuta National Park Entrance
- Uluru Cultural Centre
- Maruku Arts cultural experience
- Kings Canyon Rim Walk
- Any international flights to/from Alice Springs are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Outback Camping Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Outback Camping Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Outback Camping Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Outback Camping Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Accommodation on this trip includes camping as well as a bush camp experience, depending on the group’s desires.
- When travelling in Australia’s outback, temperatures can get very high, especially in summer, and sometimes below freezing at night. Have a think about what time of year suits you best to travel.
- For more details on specific logistical information for this trip, see the Important Notes and Essential Trip Information sections located below the trip itinerary.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers