- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- age_requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the UNESCO towns of Matera and Alberobello
- Walk in tranquil countryside past trulli, vineyards, and olive groves
- Indulge in the succulent and fresh local cuisine
In the heart of the Mediterranean lie Puglia and Basilicata, two unique and still largely undiscovered regions of Italy  nestled between the emerald waters of the Adriatic and Ionian seas. This trip gives us the chance to explore the very best that these Italian gems have to offer, from trulli houses of the lush Itria valley and the white hilltop town of Ostuni to the rock churches and UNESCO Sassi district of the beautiful city of Matera. Aside from the perfect mix of cultural discovery and gentle walking, we will have the chance to sample the legendary local cuisine and delicious wines that make this region a true food lovers’ paradise. *Temporary changes due to COVID-security measures.**Last updated: 16th October 2020*At Exodus, we acknowledge our responsibility to have the most up to date information on anything that will affect our customers on holiday and to communicate this to our customers as effectively as possible.Our general global COVID security measures are described in our Travel">https://www.exodus.co.uk/travel-safety-charter">TravelSafety Charter, and changes will be made to these measures as required by the global pandemic situation.However, we also expect there to be requirements, measures and sometimes itinerary changes that apply to certain trips only, and may well be temporary measures. We have highlighted all known changes in the section below.*Entry requirements.*For all trips, having the correct documentation and visa, if required, remains the customer’s responsibility based on their own nationality. We, therefore, encourage all travellers to check entry requirements using the travel advice of their home nation for the relevant destination. For UK passport holders that is https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-adviceThe">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-tra... Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) currently advises against all non-essential travel to Italy. Information on local restrictions will be provided and updated in 2021, closer to the time when trips be operational again. taxonomy/term/310
made a perfect holiday.”
Day 1: Start in Alberobello.
Day 2: Walk over the hills of the Itria Valley, dotted with olive trees, vineyards
and trulli; visit Locorotondo, known for its superb wine.
Day 3: Morning visit to the white city of Ostuni; afternoon walk through olive
groves and vineyards; visit Agnano Archaeological Park.
Day 4: Free day. Optional activities include visiting the Baroque city of Lecce or
the picture-perfect coastal village of Polignano a Mare.
Day 5: Morning walk to the Adriatic coast; free time at the beach (in season) and
transfer to the UNESCO town of Matera.
Day 6: Short walk in Matera’s Rock Churches Park and guided sightseeing in the
town's marvellous UNESCO 'Sassi' district.
Day 7: Walk in the outskirts of Matera exploring prehistoric caves and rugged
landscape; overnight in Matera.
Day 8: The trip ends in Matera this morning.
- 5 nights 3-star hotels and 2 nights converted farmhouse or 4-star hotel depending on departure dates (see accommodation section for more info) , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 2 dinners and 1 wine and produce tasting
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Transfers for group flights
- 5 days guided gentle walking; 1 free day
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus local leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Low altitude throughout
- Travel by private minivan, bus, and train
- Any international flights to Alberobello and from Matera are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in Puglia & Matera tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 66+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking in Puglia & Matera tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walking in Puglia & Matera tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in Puglia & Matera tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.