- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Hike in the beautiful Poas Volcano National Park. Eat lunch at Doka Estate. Visit small towns Grecia and Sarchi to see traditional Costa Rican life firsthand.
This full-day tour takes you through the breathtaking Poas National Park and a couple of towns each unique in their own way and beautifully represent Costa Rican culture. Maximize your time in this eco-paradise and pick up some unique souvenirs and stories to bring home.
Duration: 8 hours
Meeting Point: Your Downtown San Jose Hotel
Finish Point: Your Downtown San Jose Hotel
Visit Poas Volcano National Park and try to catch a glimpse through the clouds of the volcano’s elusive main crater. This impressive and active stratovolcano has erupted 40 times since 1828 and boasts incredible views no matter what direction you're looking. After some walking stop to enjoy a delicious lunch at the Doka Estate where you will learn about the golden bean–a term used to describe the unique savoury coffee of Costa Rica. Drive through flower, fern and strawberry farms on the way to the town of Grecia. The town is home to one of Central America's only metal churches that acts as the towns social core and one of its most interesting structures since not only is it made completely of metal, but it's also red! Tour around the church for a while and then dive into the local lifestyle and hit up the central market area. The last stop along the way brings you to the town or Sarchi, known all over Costa Rica for its beautiful and intricate artistic work. Sarchi is most famously recognized for its colourfully decorated and hand constructed oxcarts that have been made here for centuries.
Note that this Day Tour is operated by one of G Adventures' preferred suppliers and will be a shared service with other non-G Adventures travellers.
Packing essentials: refillable water bottle, sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes, light jacket.
Note: Allow USD30-40 for meals not included.
- Private van, walking.
- Professional English Speaking Local Guide
- Hike Poas Volcano National Park
- Lunch at Doka Estate
- Sightseeing in Grecia and Sarchi
- Round trip transport
- Any international flights to/from Alajuela are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this San Jose Day Tour: Poas Volcano (full day) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this San Jose Day Tour: Poas Volcano (full day) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
San Jose Day Tour: Poas Volcano (full day) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this San Jose Day Tour: Poas Volcano (full day) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 1 - EasyLight walking, few climbs more challenging than a flight of stairs. Easy does it.
- 4. Trip Type : Day ToursDay Tours let you experience the best a city has to offer in one day or less, and can be booked whether or not you’re on a multi-day tour.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.