- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Fantastic walks including the 'Walk of the Gods', one of the world's finest daywalks
- Visit the stunning coastal towns of Amalfi, Ravello & Positano
- Explore Pompeii, the world's most visited archaeological site (optional)
- Sample delicious Italian cuisine in familyrun hotel with small outdoor swimming pool
The Amalfi Coast is one of the most dramatic and beautiful coastlines in Europe. Mountains rise steeply out of the Mediterranean far below and picturesque towns nestle neatly in isolated coves. This self-guided walking holiday sees you descend from your quiet base in Agerola, following mule tracks and old paths through hillside villages, lemon groves and beautiful deep gorges to towns with narrow streets, whitewashed buildings and fascinating churches, monasteries and cathedrals. Away from the trails there is plenty of time to partake in the traditional Amalfi pastimes of sampling incredible food and wine, as well as enjoying the Mediterranean climate. A highlight of the tour is one of the world's greatest walks, trekking on the 'Path of the Gods'. A visit to the Bay of Naples would not be complete without seeing the incredible Roman remains of Pompeii beneath the volcanic cone of Vesuvius.
Follow mule tracks and steps down to Amalfi; explore the cathedral and town
Walk to top of Monte Tre Calli for great wide-open views of the coastline
Free day; optional trip to Pompeii or Capri
Walk the 'Path of the Gods' down to picturesque Positano
Free day; optional walk in the Valle delle Ferriere National Park
Circular walk from Amalfi to romantic Ravello
- 7 nights family-run hotel with swimming pool , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 4 packed lunches, all dinners
- 5 days optional centre-based walking
- Low altitude throughout
- Bus tickets for walks
- Route notes
- Any international flights to/from Agerola are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Self-Guided Walking on the Amalfi Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 48+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Self-Guided Walking on the Amalfi Coast tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 138 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 20 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Self-Guided Walking on the Amalfi Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Self-Guided Walking on the Amalfi Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.