- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-36739
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Watch the night sky come alive as you enjoy a campfire dinner and learn about the stories and traditions of the First Nations Adnyamathanha people who are the traditional custodians of the Flinders Ranges.
- Enjoy a subterranean stay in Coober Pedy, the opal capital of Australia, in underground accommodation which is cool, comfortable and unique to this part of the South Australian outback.
- Soak up the scenic beauty of the Clare Valley, one of Australia’s most famous wine regions, and sample Rieslings and other fine wines.
- Drive into the remote South Australian Outback and bounce along the famous Oodnadatta Track to William Creek where you can enjoy a cold beer and check out the unique "museum" of memorabilia across the street.
Spend 10 days exploring the best of South Australia’s Outback in on a culturally rich and deliciously different small group adventure. From Adelaide, visit the opal capital of Australia, see Silo Art and watch stars sparkling above Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park as you hear traditional stories of the Adnyamathanha people. You will also immerse yourself in the beauty of Arkaroola, a 610 sqm wildlife sanctuary, and taste fine wines in the Clare Valley. With First Nations experiences, comfortable accommodation, a knowledgeable leader and numerous included activities, this Outback adventure is the whole package.
Day 1: Adelaide / Port Pirie / Port Augusta
Day 2: Woomera / Coober Pedy
Day 3: Coober Pedy
Day 4: Kanku-Breakaways Conservation Park / William Creek
Day 5: Oodnadatta Track / Marree
Day 6: Farina / Vulkathunha-Gammon Ranges National Park / Iga Warta
Day 7: Vulkathunha-Gammon Ranges National Park / Iga Warta
Day 8: Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park / Wilpena Pound
Day 9: Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park / Wilpena Pound
Day 10: Clare Valley / Adelaide
- Hotel (3 nights), Underground hotel (2 nights), Tents or Cabins with shared facilities (2 nights), Resort (2 nights)
- 7 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Private Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Woomera - Lake Hart Rest Area
- Woomera - Heritage Museum & Visitor Centre
- Coober Pedy - Josephine's Gallery & Kangaroo Orphanage
- Coober Pedy - Underground Home, Church & Historic Mine Visit
- Coober Pedy - Kanku-Breakaways Conservation Park & Dingo Fence
- Marree - Leader-led Local History Walk
- Stuarts Creek - Wabma Kadarbu Mound Spring Conservation Park
- Lake Eyre - Picnic Lunch
- Iga Warta - Cultural Cookout Dinner & Campfire
- Farina - Restoration Project
- Iga Warta - Aboriginal Community Stay
- Iga Warta - Adnyamathanha Cultural Activities & Bush Foods Lunch
- Iga Warta - Adnyamathanha Cultural Activities
- Iga Warta - Aboriginal Community Stay
- Wilpena Pound - Welcome to Country by Adnyamathanha Local
- Wilpena Pound - Bushwalk
- Nilpena Ediacara National Park - Guided Tour
- Wilpena Pound - Bushwalk
- Clare Valley - Wine Tasting
- Any international flights to/from Adelaide are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South Australia Outback Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 90+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Australia Outback Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 April 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Australia Outback Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Australia Outback Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- This trip travels to the remote Outback of South Australia. There will be extended periods of time with no phone reception. Choices of where to eat will be limited and not all dietary needs may be able to be met. Road conditions may be affected by weather such as rain, extreme heat or wind particularly from Coober Pedy onwards, and on the Oodnadatta track. Our leaders will check forward conditions in Coober Pedy and make alternative arrangements if the road conditions are not safe for our vehicle to continue. Safety will always come first. This does mean that at times groups will not be able to complete the itinerary as planned. For example, we may need to backtrack from Coober Pedy to Port Augusta and travel from there into the Flinders Ranges. Please also make sure you have access to your emergency funds in case this is needed.
- This trip includes time spent travelling in a private vehicle with your group. Extra space can be tight, and conditions may feel a little cramped. It's all part of the adventure and a great way to get to know your fellow travellers. Please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
- Departures during summer months can expect extreme heat. You will need to be well prepared with sun protection, including wearing light, long sleeves and carry at least 2 litres of water at all times when out exploring. Our vehicles are air conditioned, but even this may struggle at higher temperatures. In hotter months we may have earlier or adjusted departure times to beat the heat, rest at our accommodation during the hottest hours of the day and then explore again in the late afternoon/early evening. Choose your departure date carefully to make sure you are aware of the conditions. Some sites, restaurants, cafes, tours and attractions may be closed during the off season summer months.
- If you are keen to keep exploring South Australia's highlights, you might like to consider our 2-day Kangaroo Island Short Break Adventure or 5-day Kangaroo Island Adventure. Search trip codes PZAI-C and PZSI on our website.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.