- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 11
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Watch the night sky come alive as you enjoy a campfire dinner and learn about the stories and traditions of the First Nations Adnyamathanha people who are the traditional custodians of the Flinders Ranges.
- Enjoy a subterranean stay in Coober Pedy, the opal capital of Australia, in underground accommodation which is cool, comfortable and unique to this part of the South Australian outback.
- Soak up the scenic beauty of the Clare Valley, one of Australia’s most famous wine regions, and sample Rieslings and other fine wines.
- Explore the Silo Art Trail and watch the Quorn Silo Light Show, a colourful audiovisual celebration which highlights the local stories, history and heritage of the surrounding region.
Spend 10 days exploring the best of South Australia’s Outback in on a culturally rich and deliciously different small group adventure. From Adelaide, visit the opal capital of Australia, see the Silo Art Trail and watch stars sparkling above Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park as you hear traditional stories of the Adnyamathanha people. You will also immerse yourself in the beauty of Arkaroola, a 610 sqm wildlife sanctuary, and taste fine wines in the Clare Valley. With First Nations experiences, comfortable accommodation, a knowledgeable leader and numerous included activities, this Outback adventure is the whole package.
Adelaide / Auburn / Quorn / Port Augusta
Woomera / Coober Pedy
Coober Pedy / William Creek
Oodnadatta Track / Marree
Farina / Flinders Ranges / Iga Warta
Flinders Ranges / Iga Warta
Flinders Ranges / Wilpena Pound
Flinders Ranges / Wilpena Pound
Clare Valley / Adelaide
- Motel (1 night), Underground hotel (2 nights), Hotel (2 nights), Cabins/Tents (2 nights), Resort (2 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Private Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Auburn - Wine Tasting
- Quorn - Silo Light Show
- Woomera - Lake Hart
- Woomera - Heritage & Visitor Information Centre
- Coober Pedy - Josephine's Gallery & Kangaroo Orphanage
- Coober Pedy - Underground Home, Church & Historic Mine Visit
- Coober Pedy - Kanku-Breakaways Conservation Park & Dingo Fence
- Marree - Leader-led Local History Walk
- Stuarts Creek - Wabma Kadarbu Mound Spring Conservation Park
- Lake Eyre - Picnic Lunch
- Iga Warta - Cultural Cookout Dinner & Campfire
- Iga Warta - Adnyamathanha Cultural Activities
- Farina - Restoration Project
- Arkaroola - Bushwalk & Picnic Lunch
- Wilpena Pound - Welcome to Country
- Wilpena Pound - Bushwalk
- Any international flights to/from Adelaide are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South Australia Outback Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 103+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Australia Outback Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 October 2021, a deposit of 99 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Australia Outback Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Australia Outback Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Just as a heads up before you book: this trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
- This trip includes time spent travelling in a private vehicle with your group. Extra space can be tight, and conditions may feel a little cramped. It’s all part of the adventure and a great way to get to know your fellow travellers. Please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Climate and seasonal