- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 11
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Taste the best of South Australia’s famous wine growing region, from the state’s first carbon neutral winery to a sustainable winery celebrating native ingredients and a historic religious community turned vineyard.
- Stay on the fringe of Wilpena Pound, a remarkable natural amphitheatre, and join a local Aboriginal guide to learn about the biodiversity of the landscape and its relationship to the Adnyamathanha people.
- Explore the rugged landscapes of Arkaroola, a protected wildlife reserve, on a fascinating fourwheel drive tour, then look to the skies in the evening at an astronomical observatory.
- In the Northern Flinders Ranges, discover Iga Warta, on the land of the Adnyamathanha people. Meet with an Adnyamathanha guide to learn about their culture, history and connection to the land.
Would you rather sip world-class wine at spectacular wineries, explore a wild landscape of geological wonders or learn about a culture that’s prevailed for hundreds of years? In South Australia’s Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park, there’s no need to choose – this place has it all. Take an intriguing tour around a religious community turned vineyard, walk through the awe-inspiring scenery of Wilpena Pound with an Aboriginal guide, traverse the rugged landscapes of Arkaroola in a four-wheel drive vehicle and gain a special insight into the culture of the Adnyamathanha people – and that’s just a taste of what’s to come!
all in all a great tour.”
Adelaide - Clare Valley - Flinders Ranges
Wilpena Pound, Flinders Ranges
Wilpena Pound - Arkaroola - Flinders Ranges
Arkaroola - Flinders Ranges
Arkaroola - Iga Warta - Port Augusta
Port Augusta - Hahndorf
Hahndorf - McLaren Vale - Adelaide
- Resort (2 nights), Motel Lodge (2 nights), Apartment (1 night), Hotel (1 night)
- 6 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Private Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Clare Valley - Tour and Wine Tasting at Sevenhill Cellars
- Wilpena Pound - Leader Led Bush Walk
- Wilpena Pound - Aboriginal Guided Walking Tour
- Arkaroola - The Arkaroola Astronomical Observatory Tour
- Arkaroola - Leader Led Bush Walk
- Arkaroola - The Arkaroola 4wd Ridgetop tour
- Iga Warta - Cultural visit including lunch
- Mintaro - Martindale Hall including entrance fee
- Adelaide Hills - Private tour at Gin Distillery including gin tastings
- McLaren Vale - Gemtree Wine & Native Tasting Experience
- McLaren Vale - Hither & Yon Winery Visit and tastings
- Any international flights to/from Adelaide are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Flinders Ranges Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 96+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Flinders Ranges Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 October 2021, a deposit of 99 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Flinders Ranges Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Flinders Ranges Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Climate and seasonal