- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-38002
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Uncover the diverse flora, fauna and formations of the Gawler Ranges National Park, from salt pans to mountains, gorges and the spectacular Organ Pipes.
- Spend two evenings at the Scotdesco Aboriginal Community, learn about the history of the settlement and what life looks like today, and keep an eye out for southern hairy-nosed wombats!
- Visit the Head of Bight, home to dazzling sand dunes, towering limestone cliffs, and often frequented by southern right whales who use the bight as a breeding ground.
- Marvel at the pink and blue hues of Lake Macdonnell, watch the locals catch waves at the surf mecca of Cactus Beach and chill out in the laidback seaside town of Streaky Bay.
- Experience a working oyster farm with a local farmer, including a hands-on shucking lesson, and taste the freshest oysters you’ve ever tasted, straight out of the water!
Welcome to the Eyre Peninsula, where wide open skies give way to inviting coastline and an abundance of wildlife roams freely. Discover the best of this inviting slice of South Australia over nine days with the passionate guidance of a local leader. Travel from Adelaide through arid landscapes to Port Augusta, discover the diversity of the Gawler Ranges National Park, look out for southern right whales at the Head of Bight, snap pictures of the iconic Lake Macdonnell and dine on freshly shucked oysters in Coffin Bay. From scenic outback towns to stunning surf spots, this adventure is sure to be one for the books.
Day 1: Adelaide - Port Augusta
Day 2: Port Augusta - Wudinna
Day 3: Gawler Ranges National Park - Wudinna
Day 4: Ceduna - Penong - Bookabie
Day 5: Head of Bight - Bookabie
Day 6: Streaky Bay
Day 7: Point Labatt - Port Lincoln
Day 8: Coffin Bay - Port Lincoln
Day 9: Tumby Bay - Adelaide
- Hotel (6 nights), Cabin with shared facilities (2 nights)
- 5 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Ferry
- An expert tour leader
- Port Augusta - Australian Arid Lands Botanic Gardens guided tour
- Kimba - Big Galah
- Gawler Ranges National Park - Sturt’s Lake, Yandinga Gorge & Organ Pipes
- Penong - Windmill Museum
- Bookabie - Aboriginal Community Stay
- Head of Bight - Whale Watching Centre
- Bookabie - Aboriginal Community Stay
- Penong - Point Sinclair & Cactus Beach
- Penong - Lake Macdonnell (Pink Lake)
- Streaky Bay - Murphy's Haystacks
- Point Labatt - Sea lion colony
- Coffin Bay National Park - Yangie Bay or Point Avoid
- Coffin Bay - Oyster farm experience
- Tumby Bay - Silo Art
- Any international flights to/from Adelaide are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Eyre Peninsula Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 82+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Eyre Peninsula Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 April 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Eyre Peninsula Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Eyre Peninsula Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- This trip includes time spent travelling in a private vehicle with your group. Extra space can be tight, and conditions may feel a little cramped. It’s all part of the adventure and a great way to get to know your fellow travellers. Please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
- If you are keen to keep exploring South Australia's highlights, you might like to consider our 2-day Kangaroo Island Short Break Adventure or 5-day Kangaroo Island Adventure. Search trip codes PZAI-C and PZSI on our website.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.