- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-34457
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Make the most of possibly our most relaxed cycling tour – ride just the best bits and be transported for the rest.
- Experience the icons of Australian food and wine with visits to the likes of Penfolds, Maggie Beers, Seppeltsfield, and more.
- Cycle on mostly traffic-free trails along the Clare Valley’s Riesling Rail Trail, the Barossa Trail, and the Coast to Vines Shiraz Rail Trail in McLaren Vale.
- Kick back in cosmopolitan Adelaide, one of the nine Great Wine Capitals of the World.
- Discover more than just wine in the stunning and diverse scenery, from beautiful rural landscapes and historic sandstone cityscapes, stunning sandy beaches, to some of the finest local produce Australia has to offer.
- Cycle in the company of an experienced guide as they share their unique perspective of this fascinating region.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, World Bicycle Relief. Donations provide school kids, health workers, and farmers in far-out areas with bicycles that provide access to education, healthcare, and income.
- Show more
Is there a better way to enjoy South Australia's renowned wine country than on a bicycle? If there is, we’re yet to find it. Just a short distance from cosmopolitan Adelaide, this is a region well known for its natural beauty, welcoming people and of course delicious red and white wines. This cycling trip takes in the best of it at a pace set to enjoy rather than race. Get started in the very heart of vibrant Adelaide, one of the world's most liveable cities, then transport out to the nearby yet distinct wine regions. From the Barossa Valley – home of Australia's best-known red wine – to the northern Clare Valley (ripe for a drop of Riesling), south to the birthplace of South Australia's wine industry, McLaren Vale, and west to the stunning Glenelg Beach, it’s not just the wine that is diverse. The varied scenery, easy network of cycling paths, and support vehicle make this a trip for every rider.
Day 1: Adelaide
Day 2: Barossa Valley & Auburn
Day 3: Clare Valley Riesling Rail Trail
Day 4: Clare Valley & Hahndorf
Day 5: McLaren Vale & Adelaide/Glenelg
Day 6: Adelaide (Glenelg)
- Hotel/Guesthouse (5 nights)
- 5 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- Bicycle (e-bike available , subject to availability) , Support vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Barossa Valley - Winery visit & tasting
- Barossa - Maggie Beer's shop visit
- Skillogalee Winery Cellar Door visit
- McLaren Vale - Wirra Wirra Wines lunch
- Wirra Wirra Wines tasting & tour
- Any international flights to/from Adelaide are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle South Australia's Wine Regions tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 57+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle South Australia's Wine Regions tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 April 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle South Australia's Wine Regions tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle South Australia's Wine Regions tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- This itinerary has a full time support vehicle for emergencies and to transport your luggage between accommodations.
- Due to the relatively small distances cycled on this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.