- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- age_requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Simien Mountains Trek one of Africa's most spectacular and least visited mountain ranges in Africa.
- Ras Dashen Climb Ethiopia's highest peak at 4543m.
- Camping Enjoy wild camping in stunning locations.
- Gondar Discover the medieval Fasilidas Castle and Debre Berhan Church.
Trek in one of Africa's most stunning and least visited wildernesses, the Simien Mountains of northern Ethiopia. Discover this isolated region, admiring the spectacular scenery of rocky plateaus, dramatic peaks and deep gorges, keeping an eye out for gelada baboons. Lalibela - Explore the remarkable rock cut churches Gondar - Discover the well preserved 17th century castles Ras Dashen - Climb to Ethiopia's highest peak at 4,543 metres
Day 1 : Join trip in Addis Ababa. Afternoon orientation tour of the city
Day 2 : Fly to Gondar and visit local sites including castle ruins
Day 3 : Drive to Simien Mountains National Park via Debark; trek to Sankaber
Day 4 : Trek to Geech Camp via Sankaber
Day 5 : Optional acclimatisation hike to Imet Gogo from Geech Camp
Day 6 : Trek to Chenek Camp traversing the Jinbar river
Day 7 : Trek to Ambikwa
Day 8 : Ascent of Ras Dashen; returning to Ambikwa
Day 9 : Recross the Mesheha River en route to Arkwasiye
Day 10 : Walk to roadhead and drive to Gondar
Day 11 : Fly to Lalibela. Visit rock stone churches
Day 12 : Mule trek to Ashatan Maryam Church
Day 13 : Fly from Lalibela to Addis Abada where the trip ends
- Jupiter International Hotel - Bole (1 night)
- Goha Hotel (2 nights)
- Sankaber Camp (1 night)
- Geech Camp (2 nights)
- Chenek Camp (1 night)
- Ambikwa Camp (2 nights)
- Arkwasiye Camp (1 night)
- Panoramic View Hotel (2 nights)
- 12 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Addis Ababa are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Trekking Ethiopia's Simien Mountains tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 165 today.
- Earn US$ 109+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trekking Ethiopia's Simien Mountains tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Trekking Ethiopia's Simien Mountains tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trekking Ethiopia's Simien Mountains tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.