- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Simien Mountains Trek one of Africa's most spectacular and least visited mountain ranges in Africa.
- Ras Dashen Climb Ethiopia's highest peak at 4543m.
- Camping Enjoy wild camping in stunning locations.
- Gondar Discover the medieval Fasilidas Castle and Debre Berhan Church.
Trek in one of Africa's most stunning and least visited wildernesses, the Simien Mountains of northern Ethiopia. Discover this isolated region, admiring the spectacular scenery of rocky plateaus, dramatic peaks and deep gorges, keeping an eye out for gelada baboons. Lalibela - Explore the remarkable rock cut churches Gondar - Discover the well preserved 17th century castles Ras Dashen - Climb to Ethiopia's highest peak at 4,543 metres
Day 1 : Join trip in Addis Ababa. PM orientation tour of the city
Day 2 : Fly to Gondar and visit local sites including castle ruins
Day 3 : Drive to Simien Mountains National Park via Debark; PM trek to Sankaber
Day 4 : Trek to Geech Camp via Sankaber
Day 5 : Optional acclimatisation hike to Imet Gogo from Geech Camp
Day 6 : Trek to Chenek Camp traversing the Jinbar river
Day 7 : Trek to Ambikwa
Day 8 : Ascent of Ras Dashen; returning to Ambikwa
Day 9 : Recross the Mesheha River en route to Arkwasiye
Day 10 : Walk to roadhead and drive to Gondar
Day 11 : Fly to Lalibela. Visit rock stone churches
Day 12 : Mule trek to Ashatan Maryam Church
Day 13 : Fly from Lalibela to Addis Abada where the trip ends
- 5 nights comfortable hotel
- 7 nights simple camping
- 12 Breakfast, 8 Lunch, 7 Dinner
- Bus, 4WD, Flight
- Explore Tour Leader, Cook, Driver(s), Local Guide(s), Muleteer(s)
- Any international flights to/from Addis Ababa are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Trekking Ethiopia's Simien Mountains tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 147 today.
- Save US$ 98+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trekking Ethiopia's Simien Mountains tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 279 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 26 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Trekking Ethiopia's Simien Mountains tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trekking Ethiopia's Simien Mountains tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.