- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Castles of Gondar
- Trekking through dramatic scenery
- Endemic flora & fauna
- Remote mountain communities
The dramatic skyline of peaks and jagged volcanic plugs which tower over the highland plateaux of the Simien Mountains compete with rugged gorges and deep gullies to form what is, arguably, the most awe-inspiring landscape in Africa. As we trek through this distant mountain range we pass small hamlets where villagers eke out an existence from the limited arable land. We may come across large troops of Gelada baboons foraging on the escarpment; and, with luck, spot Walia ibex and Ethiopian wolves.
Arrive Addis Ababa; half-day city tour.
Fly to Gondar; tour castles and Debre Birhan Selassie church.
Day 3: Drive to Debark; start trekking to Sankaber Camp.
Day 4: Trek to Geech via Jinbar Waterfall.
Day 5: Day walk to Imetgogo.
Trek to Chennek via Enatyie Escarpment.
Day 7: Trek to Ambiko; ascend Bwuhit.
Day 8: Ascent of Ras Dashen, highest point in Ethiopia.
Day 9: Trek to Sona via Arkwasiye.
Day 10: Descend to Ansiya Wenz River and on to Lamo Camp.
Day 11: Continue to Mulit Camp.
Day 12: Short walk to Adi Arkay where the trek finishes; drive to Gondar.
Day 13: Fly to Addis Ababa; evening depart.
- 9 nights wild camping, 3 nights standard hotels with en suite facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 9 lunches, 9 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 10 days point-to-point walking with full porterage
- Good fitness required
- Altitude maximum 4543m, average 3300m
- Harar and Lalibela extensions available
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Addis Ababa are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Simien Mountains Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 157+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Simien Mountains Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 450 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 25 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Simien Mountains Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Simien Mountains Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.