- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Lalibela Explore impressive churches carved in rocks.
- Bahir Dar Walk to the top of Tississat Falls, the Water that Smokes.
- Axum Obelisks, temples and palaces in the final resting place of the Ark of Covenant.
- Simien Mountains Rugged and spectacular mountain scenery.
Take a journey through one of Africa's least explored countries - a true blend of natural wonders and ancient history. The medieval town of Harar kicks-off a fortnight of exploring rock-hewn churches, rugged mountains and thundering waterfalls. Lalibela - Explore impressive churches carved in rocks Simien Mountains - Spectacular mountain scenery, home to the Gelada monkey Harar - A medieval walled city and the cradle of Islam in Ethiopia.
Day 1 : Join tour Addis Ababa, fly to Dire Dawa and drive on to Harar
Day 2 : In Harar; exploring the medieval city on foot
Day 3 : Drive to Awash Saba; visit Awash National Park
Day 4 : Drive to Addis; afternoon orientation tour
Day 5 : Fly to Bahir Dar, afternoon boat trip to Zeghie Peninsula
Day 6 : At Bahir Dar; visit Tississat Falls
Day 7 : Drive to Gondar, castle visit
Day 8 : Drive to Debark
Day 9 : Walking in the Simien Mountains
Day 10 : Drive to Axum
Day 11 : Sightseeing in Axum
Day 12 : Fly to Lalibela; visit rock cut churches
Day 13 : In Lalibela; mule trek
Day 14 : In Lalibela, fly Addis, tour ends
- 13 Breakfast
- 4 nights simple hotel
- 9 nights comfortable hotel
- Bus, Boat, Flight
- Explore Tour Leader, Boat Crew, Driver(s), Local Guide(s), Muleteer(s)
- Any international flights to/from Addis Ababa are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Blue Nile and Lalibela tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 145 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 96 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 276 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 17 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Blue Nile and Lalibela tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Blue Nile and Lalibela tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.