- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Witness traditional lifestyles of various tribal groups in the Omo Valley
- Lake Chamo boat trip to view hippos and water birds
- Be enthralled by spectacular Rift Valley scenery
- Experience the unique cultures of the Mursi, Hamer and Karo tribes
Visit the fascinating tribes of the Omo Valley in southern Ethiopia. For thousands of years the Omo Valley in southern Ethiopia was a crossroads for droves of people migrating to new lands. Today, it is undoubtedly one of the most unique places on earth because of the sheer diversity of tribal groups that live in this remote area of the Great Rift Valley. This is an extraordinary opportunity to immerse in the fabric of some of these societies, including the Mursi, Hamer and Karo tribes, each with their distinct culture. Expect a real adventure with conditions basic; the Omo Valley being an incredible reminder of an Africa that has not yet seen modernisation. From Addis Ababa we drive to the Omo Valley region and enjoy a boat trip on Lake Chamo to spot hippos and an array of water birds. For the next few days we move from village to village, witnessing traditional lifestyles. The Mursi traditions, whose women insert large clay plates in their lower lips, and the Hamer, who scar and paint their bodies in a mark of their culture, are incredibly fascinating. Returning to Addis Ababa at the conclusion of our trip we reflect on this memorable experience of untouched cultures, ceremonies and astounding natural environments.
Day 1 : Drive from Addis to Arba Minch, (450km) via Hossana
Day 2 : Boat trip on Lake Chamo, drive to Jinka
Day 3 : Mursi village visit, Jinka Museum, drive to Turmi
Day 4 : Karo and Hamer villages
Day 5 : Return to Arba Minch, via Konso tribal village
Day 6 : Dorze village, to Lake Langano
Day 7 : Return to Addis Ababa, trip concludes on arrival
- 3 star hotels wherever possible on twinshare basis
- 6 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 6 dinners
- Private 4WD transport
- Driver-guide plus local guides for each location (for 5 or less guests)
- Local guides in each location (English speaking guide throughout for 6 or more guests)
- Entry fees as per itinerary
- Boat trip on Lake Chamo
- international flights
- airport and departure taxes
- arrival and departure transfers in Addis Ababa
- bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 65+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Hidden Tribes of Ethiopia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 February 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hidden Tribes of Ethiopia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hidden Tribes of Ethiopia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.