- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore chaotic and bustling Addis Ababa
- Guided tour of the ancient UNESCO city of Harar
- Witness the traditional feeding of the hyenas
- Follow the scout along the trails of Awash NP
The Rift Valley and its tribes are at the heart of this journey, and we have plenty of time to explore the lakes and towns. We spend time in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Harar where we go on a guided tour. This historic gem is also infamous for the butchers who feed the wild hyenas at night at the edge of the town. The Bale Mountains are one of Ethiopia's best trekking areas and home to many endemic species of plants and animals; we spend three nights here to really get under the skin of the place and go in search of the elusive Ethiopian Wolf on the Sanetti Plateau.
Day 1: Addis Ababa
Day 2: Addis Ababa
Day 3: Harar
Day 4: Harar
Day 5: Harar
Day 6: Awash NP
Day 7: Lake Ziway
Day 8: Lake Ziway
Day 9: Bale Mountains NP
Day 10: Bale Mountains NP
Day 11: Bale Mountains NP
Day 12: Awasa
Day 13: Arba Minch
Day 14: Arba Minch
Day 15: Arba Minch
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Boat
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary
- 14 Breakfasts
- 4 Lunches
- 4 Dinner
- Any international flights to Addis Ababa and from Arba Minch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Harar & the Bale Mountains tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 85 today.
- Earn US$ 57+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Harar & the Bale Mountains tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Harar & the Bale Mountains tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Harar & the Bale Mountains tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.