- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit the Dorze people and immerse yourself in a culture well known for their unique beehive houses and colourful woven fabrics.
- Take a boat trip on Lake Chamo for a chance spotting of the resident hippos, thousands of Nile crocodiles, rich bird life and local fishermen.
- Visit Hamar villages made entirely of mud with very few outside influences and, if you're lucky, perhaps see an initiation bull jumping ceremony.
- Spend a night in Konso and visit a mora, a central communal building used by men and boys as a social area while you're there.
Often overlooked, Ethiopia’s spectacular nature reserves and diverse tribal communities are ripe for exploration. Go off the beaten track and visit remote tribes in the Omo Valley and try to spot crocodiles as they bask off the shores of Lake Chamo. Get up close and personal with the people and the nature of Ethiopia – a place hidden from the rigorous modernity of the modern world.
Different landscapes. lakes and Bungle Bungles let you understand more about this wild Kimberley. If you like hiking,
swimming and drinking Champagne at the same time in the
Lake Agryle, go.”
- Hotel (2 nights), Lodge (3 nights), Basic Resort (1 night)
- 6 Breakfast
- Private Vehicle , Boat , Plane
- Arba Minch - Dorze Village Visit
- Jinka - Ethnographic Museum
- Konso - Village Visit
- Jinka - Ari Village
- Turmi - Market Visit
- Turmi - Hamar Village
- Turmi - coffee & chat with a local
- Arba Minch - Lake Chamo Boat Excursion
- Any international flights to/from Addis Ababa are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ethiopia Untouched tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 66+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ethiopia Untouched tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 21 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Ethiopia Untouched tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ethiopia Untouched tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- We are welcomed into different villages, tribes and ways of life on this itinerary. While very fascinating it is important to show our respects and only take photos once a bond has been created and approval given.
- The order of the Omo Valley section of the itinerary may change to maximise the chances of seeing ceremonies and markets or because wet weather may limit access to roads.
- You may also want to check out our Best of Ethiopia trip if you have longer to explore in Ethiopia.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions