- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 14 days
- tour type Independent
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the ancient city of Aksum, home to Queen of Sheba's Palace
- Encounter wild Ibex and baboons at Ethiopia's highest mountain Ras Dashen
- Discover the six castles and ruins of the famous city of Gondar
- Sail around Lake Tana, where you can explore ancient monasteries along the lakeshore
Delve into Ethiopia’s storied past and explore it's rich and varied natural landscapes on this 14-day tour that begins and ends in Addis Ababa.
Day 1: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Day 2: Addis Ababa-Debre Margos, Ethiopia
Day 3: Debre Margos - Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
Day 4: Lake Tana, Ethiopia
Day 5: Bahir Dar - Gondar, Ethiopia
Day 6: Siemen Mountain, Ethiopia
Day 7: Siemen Mountain - Aksum, Ethiopia
Day 8: Aksum, Ethiopia
Day 9: Aksum - Mekele, Ethiopia
Day 10: Mekele - Lalibela, Ethiopia
Day 11: Lalibela, Ethiopia
Day 12: Lalibela, Ethiopia
Day 13: Lalibela - Kombolcha, Ethiopia
Day 14: Kombolcha - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- 13 nights in hotels
- 13 Breakfast(s)
- Airport transfers & transport per itinerary
- Addis Ababa airport pick-up & drop-off
- All transport between cities & on tours
- Scout service at national park
- Mix of cultural and exciting nature activities
- Addis Ababa city tour
- Visit to 13th Century Debre Libanos monastery complex & Blue Nile Gorge
- Hike to Blue Nile Falls
- Lake Tana boat trip
- Gondar city tour
- Explore Semien Mountains National Park - a UNESCO Heritage Site
- Aksum city tour
- Lalibela city tour & church visits
- Southeast Ethiopia church excursion
- Other meals/drinks
- Personal expenses
- Visa fees
- Health and travel insurance
- Optional activities
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 116+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ethiopia Historical Route Adventure 14D/13N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 October 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ethiopia Historical Route Adventure 14D/13N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ethiopia Historical Route Adventure 14D/13N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols