- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Churches of Lalibela
- Colourful festivals
- Spectacular Simien Mountain scenery
- Axum Stellae Park
An ancient land of stunning sceneries, fascinating cultures and first-rate historic sites, Ethiopia numbers among Africa's most rewarding tour destinations.
As we learn about the country's long history with visits to castles built by various emperors over a 236-year timeframe, 11th century rock-hewn churches, pre-Christian buildings, ancient monuments and royal palaces, we travel through stunning sceneries of mist-shrouded mountain peaks and idyllic cascading waterfalls.
Our cultural exploration of this special destination includes spending time in villages isolated from the rest of the world in which fisherman still use papyrus boats, in local marketplaces where Ari women wear traditional skirts made of tree twigs and at tribal gatherings wherein stick-fighting contests, elaborate dress, lip plates and earlobe discs are commonplace.
This Ethiopia tour offers a cultural experience like no other.
Day : 1 Arrival in Ethiopia
Day : 2 Addis Ababa: City Tour
Day : 3 Addis Ababa - Fly to Bahr Dar: Tis Abay (Blue Nile Falls)
Day : 4 Bahr Dar - Zege Peninsula - Gondar
Day : 5 Gondar: Town Tour
Day : 6 Gondar - Simien Mountains
Day : 7 Simien Mountains - Axum
Day : 8 Axum: Area Tour
Day : 9 Axum - Fly to Lalibela
Day : 10 Lalibela Sightseeing
Day : 11 Lalibela Touring
Day : 12 Lalibela - Fly to Addis Ababa
Day : 13 Addis Ababa - Arba Minch
Day : 14 Arba Minch Area
Day : 15 Arba Minch - Jinka
Day : 16 Jinka & Mago National Park
Day : 17 Jinka - Dimeka - Turmi
Day : 18 Turmi Area
Day : 19 Turmi - Arba Minch
Day : 20 Arba Minch - Hawassa
Day : 21 Hawassa - Addis Ababa
Day : 22 Depart
- 481 Breakfast
- 471 Dinner
- 28 Lunch
- Any international flights to/from Addis Ababa are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this ETHIOPIA tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 231+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this ETHIOPIA tour. You can cancel the tour up to 91 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 90 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 April 2021, a deposit of 500 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 90 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
ETHIOPIA tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this ETHIOPIA tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This trip will adhere to local authorities’ requirements on group sizes. Group sizes will be reduced or spilt throughout the tour duration or on some days to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are in line with the recommendations from the World Health Organization and which furthermore follows the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines