- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover rockhewn churches in Lalibela and castles in Gondar.
- Hike in the Simien Mountains National Park and to see the Blue Nile Falls.
- Visit two monasteries on Lake Tana on a boat ride
Tucked in between the Middle East and Africa, Ethiopia sits in the middle of these distinctive regions and yet takes on a cultural mosaic and aesthetic that’s tangibly distinct. On this 10-day tour you’ll see just what we mean with Christian churches hewn from solid rock; national park’s vivid, green peaks; and fascinating cities where luxury sports cars and assorted livestock hang out together in perfect harmony.
Day 1: Addis Ababa
Day 2: Addis Ababa/Axum
Day 3: Axum/Simien Mountains NP
Day 4: Simien Mountains NP/Gondar
Day 5: Gondar Area
Day 6: Gondar/Bahir Dar
Day 7: Bahir Dar
Day 8: Bahir Dar/Lalibela
Day 9: Lalibela
Day 10: Lalibela/Addis Ababa
- Hotels (9 nts).
Note: Allow USD200-260 for meals not included.
- Plane, minivan/bus, boat, walking, hiking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer), driver, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Arrival transfer
- Visit to Axum historical sites
- Simien Mountains trek
- Guided tour of Debre Berhan Selassie Church, Fasiladas's Bath, and historic castles in Gondar
- Boat trip on Lake Tana
- Excursion to Blue Nile Falls
- Guided tour of the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Addis Ababa are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Ethiopia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 122 today.
- Earn US$ 81+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Ethiopia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Ethiopia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Ethiopia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
What is the average age of travellers on this specific trip?
This is one of the tour operator's classic style adventures, available to any traveller who is above 18 years of age. Each departure date can vary greatly in terms of demographics. However, looking back at the previous departures, it most commonly appears to be travellers between 40–80 years.
We would like to hike in the Simien Mountains. How much hiking is included on this tour?
Day 4 of this tour is almost a full day of hiking. In the morning, you will hike from Sankaber campsite to Jinbar waterfalls, a distance of 3.9km. Later, depending on road conditions, you will drive as far as the Chenek campsite for a picnic lunch and short excursions in search of Walia Ibex and the Ethiopian wolf. If travellers do not want to hike they can opt to spend the day at the lodge as well.
- Are there similar tours that go to Danakil depression?