- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- Discover rockhewn churches in Lalibela and castles in Gondar.
- Hike in the Simien Mountains National Park and to see the Blue Nile Falls.
- Visit two monasteries on Lake Tana on a boat ride
Tucked in between the Middle East and Africa, Ethiopia sits in the middle of these distinctive regions and yet takes on a cultural mosaic and aesthetic that’s tangibly distinct. On this 10-day tour you’ll see just what we mean with Christian churches hewn from solid rock; national park’s vivid, green peaks; and fascinating cities where luxury sports cars and assorted livestock hang out together in perfect harmony.
Day 1: Addis Ababa
Day 2: Addis Ababa/Axum
Day 3: Axum/Simien Mountains NP
Day 4: Simien Mountains NP/Gondar
Day 5: Gondar Area
Day 6: Gondar/Bahir Dar
Day 7: Bahir Dar
Day 8: Bahir Dar/Lalibela
Day 9: Lalibela
Day 10: Lalibela/Addis Ababa
- Hotels (9 nts).
Note: Allow USD200-260 for meals not included.
- Plane, minivan/bus, boat, walking, hiking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer), driver, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Arrival transfer
- Visit to Axum historical sites
- Simien Mountains trek
- Guided tour of Debre Berhan Selassie Church, Fasiladas's Bath, and historic castles in Gondar
- Boat trip on Lake Tana
- Excursion to Blue Nile Falls
- Guided tour of the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Addis Ababa are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Ethiopia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 106 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 70 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Ethiopia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Ethiopia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.