- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 15 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 6+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See the Blue Nile Falls and monasteries around Lake Tana
- Enjoy a trip to Gondar, known for the walled Fasil Ghebbi fortress
- Explore the Semien Mountains, part of the Ethiopian Highlands
- Meet members of Doze, Konso, Ari, Mursi & other tribes
Starting from Addis Ababa, this guided tour will take you to the Blue Nile and Gondar, known for the walled Fasil Ghebbi fortress, followed by an excursion in the Semien Mountains, located in the Ethiopian Highlands. Back from the highlands, you will head for Lalibela next. This area is known for its monolithic churches cut out in rocks during 12th and the 13th centuries.
Next, we will take you to the people whom have inhabited this land since time immemorial. Meet members of the Doze, Konso, Ari, Mursi and other tribes and learn more about their culture and lifestyle. We will drive back to Addis Ababa on Day 15. Your trip comes to an end on reaching the city.
Day 1: Addis Ababa arrival and city tour
Day 2: Fly to Bahir Dar, visit the Blue Nile & Lake Tana
Day 3: Drive to Gondar
Day 4: Excursion in the Simien Mountains
Day 5: Fly to Axum
Day 6: Lalibela (Unesco World Heritage site)
Day 7: Fly back to Addis Ababa & drive to Lake Langano
Day 8: Langano to Arba Minch
Day 9: Drive to Jinka via Konso
Day 10: Mursi tribes in Mago National Park
Day 11: Drive to Turmi & visit the Hamer
Day 12: Turmi – Murulle – Turmi
Day 13: Drive to Arba Minch
Day 14: Chencha village visit & boat trip on Lake Chamo
Day 15: Drive back to Addis Ababa & departure
- Airport pickup and drop-off on the first and the last day of the tour
- Accommodation based on double/ twin room sharing
- Meals as per the itinerary with one soft drink per meal per person
- Two bottled water per person per day during days involving road travel
- Entrance fees to the highlights as per the itinerary (where applicable)
- Fees for local guides
- A professional English-speaking tour guide for travelers in groups
- Land transport provided by an air-conditioned mini bus
- All necessary government taxes.
- Porter charges at the airport and hotels
- Coffee ceremony
- Domestic flight charges
- Travel Insurance
- Photography / videography fees
- Alcoholic drinks
- Tips for the guides, drivers and other staff involved in the trip
- Expenses that are personal in nature like phone calls and laundry
- Early check-in and late check-out
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Single supplement for solo travelers
- Earn US$ 135+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.