- Navigating Merkato, the largest openair market in Africa
- Visit the unique 12th century rockhewn churches of Lalibela
- Take a boat out onto Lake Tana with monasteries dating back 900 years
- Discover the churches and unique castles in the majestic city of Gondar
- Experience the friendliness and hospitable nature of the Sudanese
- Enjoy sunset at the Pyramids at Meroe surrounded by golden sand dunes
- Camping 'under the stars' in the vast Nubian Desert in Sudan
- Relax on the beach and swim in the cool clear blue waters of the Red Sea
- Set sail down the Nile, one of the world's most iconic rivers on a traditional felucca sailboat
- Explore the ma
- Show more
This expedition through the historically and culturally rich, and geographically diverse countries of Ethiopia, Sudan and Egypt takes you from the Ethiopian highlands (Africa's largest mountain range), to the deserts of Sudan and the coral reefs of the Red Sea. Ethiopia, itself has more UNESCO World Heritage sites than any other African country and Egypt needs very little introduction to its unique historical sites. This trip takes in major exotic-sounding cities, like Khartoum and gets well off the beaten track in between.
Day 1-7 : Addis Ababa To Bahidar
Day 8-16 : Bahidar To Sudan
Day 17-23 : Khartoum To Wadi Halfa
Day 24-30 : Wadi Halfa To Luxor
Day 31-38 : Luxor To Cairo
- --Accommodation - approx. 85% camping & 15% simple hostels/hotels
- -Meals - approx. 60%
- -Lake Nasser Ferry
- -All Transport on Oasis Expedition Truck
- -Pyramids & Sphinx day tour & guide
- -Services of Oasis Crew
- -Entry into Meroe Pyramids
- -Camping and Cooking equipment
- Local Payment of USD 740 (2023), USD790 (2024) or USD 850 (2025) payable at the start of the trip
- Optional Excursions as listed in the Pre-Departure Information
- Airport Taxes & Transfers
- Travel Insurance
- Meals - approx. 40%
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Addis Ababa to Cairo (38 Days) Nile Trans tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 December 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 December 2022, a deposit of 229 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Addis Ababa to Cairo (38 Days) Nile Trans tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Addis Ababa to Cairo (38 Days) Nile Trans tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed throughout the tour.
- 'Mini-bubbles' will be created on board the truck in Overland Tours for extra hygiene and infection control. Travelers may be required to take regular PCR tests before crossing borders between countries.
- It is highly recommended that all travelers are fully vaccinated before the tour.