- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Baroque heritage in Noto and Ragusa Ibla
- Visit archaeological sites in Siracusa, Agrigento and Selinunte
- Cover the island's highlights and best heritage sites in nine days
Sicily is one of the most fascinating islands in Europe, thanks to the indelible marks left by the Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Normans and Spanish civilisations. This comprehensive tour explores its sophisticated cities, picturesque villages, well-preserved archaeological sites and splendid scenery. It starts with an excursion on Mt Etna, continuing to the towns of Syracuse, Agrigento and Selinunte - all listed as UNESCO heritage sites. There is also a day in Zingaro National Reserve with magnificent views of the Mediterranean.
Day 1: Start in Aci Trezza
Day 2: Excursion on Mt Etna, Europe's highest active volcano; afternoon wine
Day 3: Drive to Syracuse to visit its archaeological site; on to the UNESCO Baroque
town of Noto.
Day 4: Morning visit the hilltop town of Ragusa Ibla; transfer to Agrigento's Valley
of the Temples.
Day 5: Visit ruins of Selinunte, overlooking the Mediterranean; drive to the hilltop
village of Erice.
Day 6: Walk in the stunning Zingaro Nature Reserve; afternoon transfer to Palermo.
Day 7: Morning visit to Monreale Cathedral; guided tour of Palermo and free time.
Day 8: Drive to the fishing village of Cefalu to visit its Norman Cathedral; on to
charming Taormina; free time to explore.
Day 9: End in Taormina.
- 7 nights in 3 and 4-star hotels and 1 night agriturismo, all en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 1 wine tasting
- Travel by private air-conditioned minibus
- London flights
- Airport transfers for group flights
- Sightseeing on foot and 2 daywalks
- Group normally 6 to 18, plus local leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Trasport by private air-conditioned bus throughout the trip
- Special guided tours in main UNESCO sites and cities
- Any international flights to/from Aci Trezza are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Treasures of Sicily tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 65 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 185 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 01 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Treasures of Sicily tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Treasures of Sicily tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.