- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy a fine meal and cool drink in one of Accra's many restaurants
- Swim in the clean water of the Volta River
- Guided tour of the impressive Akosombo Dam
- Enjoy a guided walk around Butterfly Mountain, Mont Kluto
If you are expecting abundant wildlife and a well developed tourist infrastructure, then you won't find this in West Africa. However, if you are after all things African; colour, music, vibrancy, culture, stunning landscapes, great artefacts, beautiful materials and friendly and open laughter, then you will LOVE West Africa.
Ghana, Togo and Benin have all of this in bucket loads. Just check out the local Ghanaian coffin maker and you will understand what we are saying! Great tribal homestays, cool hill hikes to see butterflies, wonderful palm fringed beaches and not forgetting boat trips to stilt villages.
Just because we are in West Africa we don't forget the wealth of fascinating history, both indigenous tribal and unwanted western in the form of the Slave Trade. Plus there is still a NP with wildlife including lion and elephant!
Day 1: Accra
Day 2: Akosombo
Day 3: Akosombo
Day 4: Mont Klouto
Day 5: Mont Klouto
Day 6: Central Togo
Day 7: Tanguieta
Day 8: Tanguieta
Day 9: Pendjari NP
Day 10: Pendjari NP
Day 11: Central Benin
Day 12: Abomey
Day 13: Abomey
Day 14: Ganvie
Day 15: Ganvie
Day 16: Grand Popo
Day 17: Grand Popo
Day 18: Agbodrafo
Day 19: Keta
Day 20: Accra
Day 21: Accra
- 20 Breakfasts
- 14 Lunches
- 14 Dinner
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Pirogue
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary
- Any international flights to/from Accra are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Voodoo & Vibes of West Africa tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 94 today.
- Earn US$ 62+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Voodoo & Vibes of West Africa tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Voodoo & Vibes of West Africa tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Voodoo & Vibes of West Africa tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.