- duration 15 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Celebrate Akwasidae Festival with the Ashanti peopleSt. George’s Castle in Elmina & Nzulezo Stilt VillageSearch for elephants in Mole N.P.Explore the remote villages of the Tongo Hills
One of Africa’s most underrated travel destinations, Ghana is a country rich in culture and natural wonders. Sometimes called ‘Africa for beginners’, it boasts affable inhabitants and is arguably the continent’s great success story. On this itinerary we explore its colonial castles, bustling markets and welcoming beaches as well as attend the Ashanti Kingdom’s most celebrated event - the Akwasidae Festival. Travelling north is like arriving in a different country. Here we meet the people of the Tongo Hills, visit the mud mosque at Larabanga and search for elephants in Mole National Park.
Day 1: Start Accra.
Day 2: To Kumasi.
Day 3: To Tamale via Kintampo waterfalls.
Day 4: Tongo Hills.
Day 5: Visit Sirigu.
Day 6: To Mole N.P. via Larabanga Mosque.
Day 7: Morning game drive at Mole N.P.; to N’Koranza.
Day 8: Visit Boabeng Fiema Monkey Sanctuary; transfer to Kumasi.
Day 9: Akwasidae Festival.
Day 10: Drive to the Atlantic Coast.
Day 11: Nzulezo Stilt Village.
Day 12: Explore St. George’s Castle in Elmina.
Day 13: Visit Kakum N.P.; free afternoon.
Day 14: Return to Accra; city tour including Jamestown.
Day 15: Morning city tour; end Accra.
- 14 night standard hotels, all en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 2 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Travel by private bus
- Some long drives
- Any international flights to/from Accra are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Ghana tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 131 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 375 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 30 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Ghana tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Ghana tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.