- Celebrate Akwasidae Festival with the Ashanti peopleSt. George’s Castle in Elmina & Nzulezo Stilt VillageSearch for elephants in Mole N.P.Explore the remote villages of the Tongo Hills
One of Africa’s most underrated travel destinations, Ghana is a country rich in culture and natural wonders. Sometimes called ‘Africa for beginners’, it boasts affable inhabitants and is arguably the continent’s great success story. On this itinerary we explore its colonial castles, bustling markets and welcoming beaches as well as attend the Ashanti Kingdom’s most celebrated event - the Akwasidae Festival. Travelling north is like arriving in a different country. Here we meet the people of the Tongo Hills, visit the mud mosque at Larabanga and search for elephants in Mole National Park.
effort you put in worth every step.”
Day 1: Start Accra.
Day 2: To Kumasi.
Day 3: To Tamale via Kintampo waterfalls.
Day 4: Tongo Hills.
Day 5: Visit Sirigu.
Day 6: To Mole N.P. via Larabanga Mosque.
Day 7: Morning game drive at Mole N.P.; to N’Koranza.
Day 8: Visit Boabeng Fiema Monkey Sanctuary; transfer to Kumasi.
Day 9: Akwasidae Festival.
Day 10: Drive to the Atlantic Coast.
Day 11: Nzulezo Stilt Village.
Day 12: Explore St. George’s Castle in Elmina.
Day 13: Visit Kakum N.P.; free afternoon.
Day 14: Return to Accra; city tour including Jamestown.
Day 15: Morning city tour; end Accra.
- 14 night standard hotels, all en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 2 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Travel by private bus
- Some long drives
- Any international flights to/from Accra are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Ghana tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Ghana tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 26 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Ghana tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Ghana tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.