- Walking tour
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Kakum N.P. A walk in the lush rainforest and the chance to join an optional exhilarating canopy tour.
- Bolgatanga and the Far North Lobi Villages, distinctive local architecture and painted houses in the Wa region.
- Mole A walking safari in the park to look for elephants.
- Kumasi The vibrant colours of the largest market in West Africa.
From its lush rainforests to its golden sandy beaches, Ghana is a land of immense natural beauty. Experience the country's diverse and rich cultures, vibrant markets, traditional Lobi villages, plus the chance to observe monkeys and track wild elephants. Kakum National park - A walk in the lush rainforest and the option to join an exhilarating canopy tour Bolgatanga and the Far North - Lobi Villages, distinctive local architecture and painted houses in the Wa region Gold Coast Castles - The impressive 18th Century castle of Elmina, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Day 1 : Join trip in Accra
Day 2 : Explore the bustling city of Accra including colonial James Fort. Afternoon drive to Koforidua
Day 3 : Morning tour of Bunso Arboretum followed by a visit to an UNESCO Ashanti Shrine; Drive to Techiman
Day 4 : Guided visit of Boabeng-Fiema Monkey Sanctuary before afternoon drive to Mole National Park
Day 5 : Full day drive to Bolgatanga
Day 6 : Visit Gurunsi traditional mud houses and wander through Bolgatanga market
Day 7 : Explore Mole National Park on a full day of walking safari
Day 8 : Full day drive to Wa via Navrongo Cathedrale and Dagarti village
Day 9 : Explore the Wa region, visit Lobi villages and meet a tribal chief
Day 10 : Full drive to Techiman via old-style Sudanese mosques
Day 11 : Drive to Kumasi; Afternoon tour of the city followed by the possibility to visit an Ashanti funeral
Day 12 : Drive south to Anomabu; Free afternoon to relax on the Atlantic coast
Day 13 : A morning visit to the slave castles of Ghana's Gold Coast before a free afternoon or chose to visit Kakum National Park
Day 14 : Return to Accra where trip ends
- 13 Breakfasts
- Urbano Hotel (1 night)
- Capital View Hotel (1 night)
- Encom Hotel (2 nights)
- Modern City Hotel (1 night)
- Akayet Hotel (1 night)
- Mole Hotel (2 nights)
- Upland Hotel (2 nights)
- Okubi Hotel (1 night)
- Anomabu Beach Resort (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Any international flights to/from Accra are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ghana's Wildlife, Tribes and Castles tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 147 today.
- Earn US$ 98+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ghana's Wildlife, Tribes and Castles tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ghana's Wildlife, Tribes and Castles tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ghana's Wildlife, Tribes and Castles tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.