- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit several vibrant and popular local Accra markets
- See how locallysourced wood is used at the Timber Market
- Learn about the use of indigenous plants and roots in herbal medicine
- Find out how herbs are used in the practice of African voodoo
This ain't your average market experience! Join this Accra tour and be amazed by what's on offer. You'll see medicinal herbs, items used in voodoo rituals, and other West African accoutrements not seen in many other places.
Experience the multi-sensory fun of Accra's bustling markets on this local walking tour. Markets are a hallmark of African society and an invaluable place to connect with local culture, language, cuisine, and history. The markets of Ghana are no exception, providing excellent examples of vibrant artistry, quality craftsmanship, authentic home cooking, and keen bargaining!
Join an enthusiastic local guide and weave your way through through the Makol and Salaga markets of Accra. Learn the art of bargaining from your guide, who will let you in on a few local secrets that will hopefully help in your shopping efforts. Stop at the timber market in Arena Accra and learn about the many different uses of wood sourced from local forests and plantations.
While there, visit the intriguing herbal market and marvel at the range of roots, leaves and herbs on display. Find out how these plants are used in the voodoo religion as well as cures for a range of different illnesses and afflictions.
Local traditional medicine men and women frequently rely on nature to provide cures and relief for various ailments, so take the time to learn firsthand how these plants can be used to administer first aid in the bush and provide cures for common illnesses. Finish your Accra markets tour armed with useful knowledge on traditional medicine, a camera full of interesting images, and hopefully a few unique souvenirs!
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fees.
- tips for photography
- items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for your guide
- Bookmundi is partner with Urban Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 66 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Accra Markets Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Accra Markets Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical InformationMeeting start point : In front of Palladium Cinema Hall (opposite to the Asafoatse Nettey Methodist Church Old Accra). Meeting end point : Palladium Hall, Arena Accra