Whether you are looking for an architectural pilgrimage, urban excitement or getting lost in nature, a trip to Lithuania is sure to be fulfilling. Vilnius, the country's capital, demonstrates some of the richest medieval history in the world today. Its architecture, draws from both Renaissance and Gothic traditions. There are many reasons why tourists are lured into Lithuania – maybe it is the fine sandy beaches at the Curonian Spit, the Hill of Crosses that shows the faith, medieval castles like the Gediminas Tower or the vast array of museums. There is plenty to do and see while on a holiday to Lithuania!
- Visit Kernave. Once a medieval capital, is a world renowned archaeological site that also features a museum.
- Indulge yourself at Palanga, a seaside resort that offers some stunning and luxurious amenities for those seeking 5-star hospitality.
- Visit the vast array of musuems from historical like the KGB museum to artsy like the Museum of Illusions.
- There are a variety of popular national parks in Lithuania, each offering a distinct outdoorsy taste of Lithuanian nature. The Samogitian National Park is a good place to start!
- Keep your passport in a safe place! Your passport contains valuable information, and, not to mention, is your ticket to travel. Protect it!
- Gauge how much public transportation will cost. Do your research ahead of the time so that your not yet another victim to getting suckered into paying higher than normal prices!
- Keep some water handy for your flight! Getting dehydrated at a high elevation is not what you want just before the wheels hit the pavement!